Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How much should I save up before I move to Los Angeles to pursue my acting career?

I don%26#039;t plan on moving out there to 2-3 so I can finish up film school and build my resume up. I will know people who would already be living there so I can find a room with some others. I have a car thats reliable which I probably sell or trade-in. I%26#039;m just trying to be prepare early. I probably have $20,000 of student loans to pay off?
How much should I save up before I move to Los Angeles to pursue my acting career?
It%26#039;s difficult to say exactly, but if you have enough money to last you for a year or so, that could be a good start.


I would also say that aside from your training, make sure you know as much about the business in LA as you can.


Have a look at this page on my site for new and aspiring actors. It%26#039;s an interview I did with Hollywood acting coach named Bernard Hiller. He talks about preparing for your trip to LA.


http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/start...





Hope that helps. Good luck!





Tony
How much should I save up before I move to Los Angeles to pursue my acting career?
Ideally, you want to get all your loans paid off before you go. I would say that it would be good to go with at least $10,000. That should do you for a couple months. Remember though, once you get out there you may want to get new headshots with a LA photographer and you%26#039;ll also want to get into some classes asap. Networking is important. If you%26#039;re at the point of looking for an agent, you%26#039;ll also need to do a mailing, which will cost hundreds of dollars in postage and materials. So, yes, you need to plan.


Also, don%26#039;t sell your car. Public transport in LA is not that great, you%26#039;ll need your car.


There are many books out there devoted to %26quot;making it LA%26quot;, which also cover considerations and preparations for the move. Check out your bookstore, library or Amazon.





Good lucK!

No comments:

Post a Comment