Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What do you look for in a Drama and/or Stagecraft self-help book?

I have taught high school and junior high school Drama for more than 20 years and have produced and directed school plays on a number of stages. I also am considering writing a self-help book for school Drama and community Drama groups. My experiences include recruiting and making Drama accessible to a wide range of students, building quality sets on a budget, use of lighting and sound equipment and a lot more. I learned basics of the craft in college but had to re-learn lots of things to make Drama work in school and in the community. I had to buy a lot of books to glean a few good new ideas and think I could write a better school and community theatre self-help book. So, what do you look for in a Drama self-help book?
What do you look for in a Drama and/or Stagecraft self-help book?
Forget it. With your teaching experience you need to write a book based on your teaching skills. Don%26#039;t copy others. Be true to yourself. You will write a best seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment